Thursday, July 9, 2009

In Loving Memory

This page is short, but my memory and love for my Mother is not.

Today marks the 2nd year anniversary of the day she passed from this world, a day that is forever seared in my life, in the lives of many of us, certainly of her kids, grandkids, siblings, her own Mother, those close to her. A day that changed "life as we know it" but a reminder today that it is also a good day. In fact, it is a Great Day!

Mom, thinking of you, loving you, knowing you are "still here" and always will be...

Last year I discovered, the hard way, that there are those who wish honor this day "in their own private ways" and not as a part of a collective unit. This year, you got it! It does not mean that I don't care. It means that last year I was in a lot of pain and wanted to do certain things on July 9th, and found that I was almost all alone, lonely, and sad, on the first anniversary of her passing. Not really sure of what everything meant, dealing with the changing dynamics of certain relationships that hopefully will heal in time. This year, brings a whole new perspective on life. Maybe relationships will heal. Maybe they won't. Either way, I'm not looking back, and I'm okay. I do my best, and I will continue to be the best person I can be. A year ago I was dumbstruck that on the day that Mom passed, it also marked the significant shifting of so many other things that I was not prepared to face head on. It took me 2 years to realize all this, and on this very special day, I want to honor the woman who brought me into this life, and I will have a GOOD day today, and forever after.
I am going to have fun today, remembering the laughing and fun Mother that we all knew.

It's good to be aware!

Peace and love to you.
I miss you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!