Thursday, August 13, 2009

There's a fungus among us! and Drunken Bumble Bees, too!

when walking Maya this morning, Christopher and I happened upon some unusual nature sightings. first, the bumble bees! check out this tree, it's dropping little yellow blossoms everywhere

here are the blossoms on the ground, they just pile up!

now, all the dark spots....those are BUMBLE BEES! they are hovering about a half inch over the blossoms, then they dive back in. I think they are actually high from all the pollen!

some were even stepped on or run over, they just probably couldn't move fast enough


diving in for more...


and across the street: beautiful fungus that looked more like wild flowers or roses




and another one across the sidewalk, more of a yellow color:


even the simple, small toadstools were hanging out today:




1 comment:

  1. While the bumble bees make me just a little nervous (irrational I know), the "fungus among us" makes me smile. The first time I heard that saying was from Gramps. However he wasn't referring to mushrooms. His comment was due to a strong perfume worn by a gal in church that morning. Whenever I come across someone wearing "a bit too much", I can hear him saying it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!