Friday, August 22, 2008

Remembering

February 9, 1924 -- August 22, 1996
Nelson E. Dean, Gramps to many of us.

Can't believe it's been this many years since you said goodbye for now. And, now it's been over a year since Mom joined you. Good thing you all have Bernie Mac out there with you, given how much you both love to laugh and tell and enjoy a good joke.



I appreciate how you come to me in my dreams sometimes, and even then you never say anything, you just smile and laugh! Always a smile and laughing! You are welcome to visit at anytime!

I thank you for giving me a hug the last time I saw you alive. It had been years since we hugged, and you got out of your chair in the living room to come into the kitchen to give me a hug goodbye. I knew then it would be our last time together in this physical world.

Thank you for your "signs" you sent after you passed, especially the sparkles, those were the best! And, thank you for keeping Grandma company all these past 12 years, making it easier for her.

We love you, we miss you.
Always.

1 comment:

  1. We really need to start working on our book!!! Before another generation of memories are lost to time. I'm glad he visits you... he apparently still visits mom when she has "nothing on"... lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!