Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reminder, it's just a temporary inconvenience

We go thru the days, and some are easier than others. I just want to be comfortable, for my family to be comfortable, to get a chance to enjoy the little things in life. Of course, we do that anyway, but I'd like it with a few less spiders and creepy crawlies on me at night. So, we live in the woods, so what would we have expected? No, not "literally" in the woods, but the apartment is at the bottom half of a house, that overlooks a reservoir/protected lands, so it's very, very quiet, very green, very nature-friendly. No sounds of traffic, no onslaught of noisy sirens and screaming idiots like we were becoming used to in NJ, and certainly a lot safer than we've known in a long time. You can actually walk around at night with no worries from other humans. Just have to be on the lookout for foxes and other wildlife. In fact, I saw a beautiful fox just the other day, running across the road in front of me. The day before that, I saw a turtle that had just finished crossing over into the shoulder of the road, he was about 6-8 inches across the shell.

With the sliding doors we have in all three of the rooms we are using, the spiders, daddy long legs, leaf bugs, and who knows what else...well, they think they own the dang place! They sneak in and try to crawl up on your legs and arms. There we are sitting and watching a movie or playing scrabble before turning in for the night, and then one of us realizes it's not any of the fringes on any of my clothing articles that is brushing across the legs, it a damn insect. So out comes the inspect repellent. I don't normally go around killing things, but these things need to know that there is not enough room for both them and us in this place. Fortunately, we have not seen any mice or worse yet. And we're not leaving out any bait for them, either, so that shouldn't be a problem!

Aside from that, I anticipate that we will both have jobs in the very, very near future, and we will be able to also get Christopher setup in the comfort of his own room soon, with the bunk bed we have been promising since we left the days of routine in Albuquerque, and a steady routine for the days of the week. The changes in schedules and environments has started to take its toll, and we knew that would probably happen. Our little guys does MUCH better when he has a regular routine.

Which brings us to the end of the ramblings for dealing with inconveniences and insects, and changes in routines. I remind myself each and every day that these current days of transition are MUCH better than the recent months of what turned out to be a very hellish experience, and that the disruptions and changes are only temporary. They will soon blend into a comfortable existence for us, and I'll look back over this ridiculous combination of words and be thankful that I have a good husband and son to help me keep a focus on what's important in life.

Sigh. Which reminds me also, well, I wouldn't mind a little cable tv hooked up. Now, that's another story.... we should have the cable companies (and severe limitations on what services ares available where in these outskirts) and internet services figured out by next week. Sigh, sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!