Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Whistling Milestone

Out little guy has been trying his hardest to learn how to whistle for the past couple of years. Sometimes he works on it a few days in a row, sometimes he goes for awhile between attempts. But now...he's making a whistling sound and there's no stopping him now. In the car on the way to the bus stop, I could hear the whistling, followed by a, "Mommy! Did you hear me?!" So, I did the responsible thing, I reminded him about how he can practice at recess, but not in class, and not during school time. He agreed he would pay attention.

Which reminds me...another milestone! He's also learning to tie his shoes. We've been lazy and have always gotten him the easy velcro style, which he also still has. But, now he's got his own tie up lace shoes. He had one pair last year, and he tried to tie them, but it didn't work out well. So, he's stubborn, which makes learning new skills challenging sometimes. That's about how I caught him sitting on the sofa this morning fully dressed, just trying to get his shoes on. He "tied" his shoes, which means he worked those strings, and worked those strings, until he had them all tied together and twisted around, and tucked into other parts of the shoe and laces. Very ingenious, but not gonna work for 1st grade. So, he agreed to let me show him how to tie them again, and to practice with me later.

All I can say is, wish me luck! I think he inherited some of the obsessiveness and hardheadness from his Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!