Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Message from Mom

Okay, I do believe that those who go before us can and do communicate with us. And one of the ways they can use is through electricity (anything electric), including the telephone. I had one other incident in 2006 where this happened after the death of a friend, a triple occurrence with my cell phone that time (trust me, it was an odd enough incident that never happened prior, and never since, accompanied that weekend by 3 other very odd occurrences. I'll write about them sometime).

This time...

I got a voice message from my google telephone number. Any calls to this number generate two types of messages: a voice message that is saved in my email mailbox, and a text message that attempts to transcribe the message.

Here is what I got from a Virginia area code phone number on Tuesday:

"Hi. This is Mom. We're here. I was just calling to find out what channel lifetime is on. That's it."

Now, I was able to figure out where the call was coming from, later on that evening, and it was from my brother's home phone, and the caller was his mother-in-law. In the 10+ years that he has known these really nice folks, Mrs. Gehman has never once had a reason or occasion to call me at my home, and likely does not have the number. He did try calling me over last weekend from his home, but this week he is out of town and the in-laws are at Liz & Darryl's house to help out with the kids. I'm guessing she somehow did a re-dial to me by accident.

But, I'm sorry...the timing of this particular message, at this particular time, after my posting the night before...all I have to say is, Thanks, Mom!

And Pat, and Gramps, and all the other loved ones she's up there hanging out with.
It's a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!