Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You make my heart sing

Of course, our "rituals" have been disrupted....because we are MOVING! it's a good thing, the move. But, we are sleeping in the living room on a double-decker air mattress. btw, they get "comfortable" after about 4 days when the body is just too dang tired to know otherwise. but, we are sleeping in the living room. we have the lava lamp running every night as our nitelight, up on the kitchen counter that separates the living room from the kitchen. I love lava lamps, reminds me of childhood days, lava lamp at Grandma's house.

Tonight, we are both ready to get in bed by 9:30. Busy day, busy week, everyone's tired. I want to watch a movie, since our TV went to it's great new home just a couple hours ago. So, we get in the bed, and the little guy's picked out a book to read, apparently his favorite one at the moment: Runaway Bunny. Read the book while he tries to tell me about the different pictures in the book, so it takes a lot longer than usual as we digress a lot. Wonder where he gets that from. Then, we do the ritual, and he lays on his belly and tries to close his eyes. But, he's too interested in what movie I might be watching. He says he is trying not to watch, but he can't get to sleep, so I turn the screen down. Then he tells me that he thinks I'm beautiful, and how much he loves me.

So, I have to smile, this really is music to a mom's ears. I tell him that "it makes my heart sing when you are so loving and nice like that". So, he laughs! And asks, "What does it sound like?" You try explaining that one to "literal man" sometime. So, I told him that when you are happy and your feel really good, then when you see or hear something you love, that feeling is what it means to have your heart sing. So, then he asked me to put my hand on his heart and he asked, "Can you see if my heart is singing?" He laughed again, which makes my heart sing even more.

He really is as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside.

Then, as he lays in bed still trying to get to sleep, he asks me, "Mommy, can you help me get to sleep?" So I ask him what he wants, and he says he doesn't know. "Well, do you want a lullaby?" Which he always wants. A lullaby and some back rubbing, and he's out. So tired he's not even fidgeting, which makes my heart sing even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!