Saturday, February 12, 2011

Christmas Ornaments for Charter School Auction

In November, my cousin Tina asked if I'd make a couple of ornaments for the winter fund-raising auction at the charter school where her girls attend. I said "sure!" Then, came the holidays and I didn't get them done until the end of January. Actually, the one on the right was done in September, and I entered it in the St. Mary's County Fair, where it won 2nd place, and 1st place in the Calvert County Fair. I liked the colors, even though it did have a mistake in it. It was too late to fix the mistake, and most wouldn't notice it unless they look closely.

The one on the left is the same pattern, but with different colors and different beads. As you can see from the second photo, the bead pattens are circular. When finished, they are draped over a glass Christmas ornament of your choice. The beauty of it is, if the ball were to break, then you just put it onto another ball. It's virtually timeless and should last a long time.

This creative outlet is portable, where I can take it with me to work on when I have blocks of free time away from home. It is one of my favorite hobbies, since the glass beads are therapeutic in their touch, and in how they are so beautiful as they take shape into projects.



I love working with glass beads!
I wonder how much they gained for the school through the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!