Sunday, February 13, 2011

Creative Therapy

Writing gives me much pleasure, it's a creative outlet unlike any other. If I were a better painter...

Alas, I'll stick to writing and beading and sewing and quilting and playing with the kids and music, and so on. The past several of years have presented many changes for Mike and I, and Christopher by extension, and I'm glad that we have survived. In many respects and on many levels, we are much stronger and wiser for the experiences and opportunities. Being able to write and do other creative projects has been one of the secrets to keeping our sanity and being strong enough to "keep it together" even on the days when we were not so sure about things.

I want to apologize to everyone that we were in touch with, or not, for any lapses in judgment or behaviors, or for any neglect or any other negative experience we may have shared or bestowed upon you. Sometimes folks act in odd ways and reactions are not always anticipated or appreciated. I'm sure we are guilty of plenty of the above, and for that I apologize.

Life goes on, and we learn. I feel I'm finally back on the right spiritual track for me, which is really the most important part of who I am. My grounded spirituality helps me be a better mom, wife and person, which makes all things possible, all that is important to us.

And so, the bursts of creativity have finally found some action instead of no-action, some closure and completion, vs. "unfinished projects" just lingering around. Just like your dendrites create more and more pathways the more you learn, making it possible to learn even more in a shorter time (more efficient), creativity works the same! More begets more!

So, thank you, Melissa's quilt, and so, Melissa and Holly. Thanks for the incentive to finish (albeit a bit late, due to the circumstances) the massive quilt, and for the resulting creative energy to move along to all other promised projects and newly inspired projects!

Thank you, life, for the challenges and finally, for relief, wisdom and inspiration.

While there are plenty of "known challenges" ahead, combined with the ever-coming unknown ones, we are no longer apprehensive about any of them, we do not live in fear of the unknown, we embrace the changes that come our way.

And now...time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!