Friday, October 31, 2008

Surprises from Gramps & Doc!

It's all in the timing, and since we believe in synchronicity, it all works out!

He LOVES his new backpack! Asks to use it for school every day, especially the lunch box that attaches. He decided last weekend that he wants to be a "lunchbox kid". Prior to that, he was buying lunch at school every day. So, I pulled out the lunchbox we used for him in the van whenever we went on outings or trips.

Last Friday afternoon he said, with a sad tone in his voice, "Mommy, everyday when Ms. Barrett calls for all the lunchbox kids to line up, I can never get in that line."

"Well, do you want to?"

"Yes! Because everyday I have to go get in the other line, then I have to go buy my food, decide what I want, and wait in another line. I never get to just go in and eat my food."

All week: he's Lunch Box Boy. And, unknowingly, Gramps and Doc sent him the perfect lunchbox and backpack that arrived the middle of this week, which he's really enjoying, thanks!!! He is also loving the books, especially the one about the toll bridge troll. :) One of our favorite parts of the day is at night when we get to read stories.

Boxes on the stoop. "Hey, they say 'Chris', That's MY name! Are they for me?"



The best part of presents is the packaging. Next thing I knew, he had laid the bubble plastic on the floor and was dancing and jumping on it. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!