Sunday, January 25, 2009

Recipe: Cream Cheese Frosting

From Paula Mitchell, this goes with her carrot cake recipe, which is the best one I've ever had. In case you haven't noticed, once I find the "best" of a recipe, I hold onto it and am always willing to share. To date, I've never found a carrot cake or cream cheese frosting better than hers...and that's been 28 years now!

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 16-oz pkg confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp butter

Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add half the confectioners sugar and beat in. Then add most, but not all, of the milk and butter, beating in until smooth. Gradually add the remaining sugar, milk and butter until it reaches desired consistency. Always beat until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! Have a super fabulous extraordinary day! I am!